Here at Free Craft Creations you will find a variety of Christmas Crafts for young and old alike to make at home!
Here you will find free crafts, free craft patterns and links to holiday crafts.
Elegant Craft Punch Ornaments
Designed By: Vivian Perritts
Typical Project Completion Time: 1 hour each
MATERIALS NEEDED: STYROFOAM* Brand Foam:
Using photo as guide, choose desired shape(s):
Ball, 3" or 4"
Wreath, 3-1/2" x 3/4" x 1"
Other Materials: Acrylic paints, colors of choice (designer used: off-white; metallic copper)
Decoupage medium, gloss finish
Craft punches of choice, various sizes
sm. quasar [curved diamond shape])
Metallic-finish textured papers, colors of choice (designer used: gold; copper; silver)
Satin/wire-edged sheer ribbon, color of choice, 1-1/2" x 2/3 yd. each
Gold cord, 10" length each
Paintbrushes: soft round; medium flat
White paper towels, one roll
Thick, white craft glue
Optional: Decorative-edge scissors
|1. Tear paper towels into pieces approximately 1" square. Follow manufacturer's instructions to coat paper towel pieces with wallpaper paste; apply paper towel sections to foam shape until completely covered. Gently smooth surface while working. Let dry.
2. Insert skewer into center top of ornament. Holding skewer and using flat brush, paint ornament with acrylic paint; place skewer in heavy glass or jar to dry.
3. Using photo as guide, punch several desired shapes from metallic papers. Ornaments feature following punched shapes (quantities are approximate):
heads are covered by small eight-quasar cluster)
4. Follow manufacturer's instructions to apply decoupage medium to back of punched shapes and decorative strips, one at a time; apply shapes to ornament as shown.
5. Fold gold cord in half; knot ends. Apply glue to knot; use skewer tip to firmly push knot into hole at top of ornament. Let dry.
6. Apply several coats decoupage medium to entire ornament; let dry.
7. Tie ribbon into bow around base of cord.