Here at Free Craft Creations you will find a variety of Valentine Crafts for young and old alike to make at home!
Here you will find free crafts, free craft patterns and links to holiday crafts.
Designed By: Kathleen George
Typical Project Completion Time: 1-2 hours (does not include drying time)
MATERIALS NEEDED: STYROFOAM* Brand Foam:
Balls: 2-1/2"; 1-1/2"; three 1"
Scrap, 1" x 3" or similar size
Acrylic craft paint, bright rose
Fabric, 7" x 18", heart pattern
Fusible web, 7" x 9"
Dimensional glitter paint OR glitter glue
Chenille stems, 4, violet
Ribbon, 3/4" x 8", violet
Pompom, 1/2", pink
Wiggle eyes, 3/4", oval
Felt or craft foam, pink, scrap
Wooden skewer, chopstick, or other pointed tool
Iron, ironing board
Low temperature glue gun and glue sticks
Thick, white craft glue
|1. Wax knife blade with old candle. Cut small slice from wide end of egg so it will stand. Twist 2-1/2" ball against narrow end of egg until they fit together tightly; glue together with low temperature glue.
2. Cut 1-1/2" ball in half. Place flat side on face and twist until it fits snuggly; repeat with other half ball. Glue cheeks in place.
3. Insert skewer in flat end of egg to use as handle. Paint bug; let dry. (Hint: rest skewer in heavy drinking glass until bug dries.)
4. Cut 1" balls in half. Insert toothpicks to use as handles; paint. Insert toothpicks in foam scrap; let dry.
5. Using pattern, cut two sets of wings from fabric and one set from fusible web. Following directions on package, fuse fabric wings together.
6. Squeeze thin line of glitter paint around edge of wings (or, use glitter glue). Let dry.
7. Cut chenille stem in half. Cut two small hearts from fabric; glue to one end of each chenille stem. Outline hearts with glitter paint. Let dry. These will be the antennae.
8. Glue on wiggle eyes and pompom nose. Glue on mouth cut from scrap of foam or felt. Insert antennae into top of head; secure with drop of glue.
9. Glue wings to back.
10. Cut three chenille stems in half; insert one end of each stem in curved side of 1/2 ball. Insert legs in body; secure with drop of glue. Bend legs.
11. Tie ribbon in bow; glue to neck.
12. Cut out and glue small hearts to bottoms of feet, cheeks and over heart (optional).
This is a pdf file (4kb, and requires acrobat reader. You may obtain a copy here.