Bridal Gown Ornaments
Designed By: Kathleen George
Typical Project Completion Time: 1-2 hours
(does not include drying time)
STYROFOAM® Brand Foam:
Sheet, 36" x 12" x 1/2"
Fabric of choice, 9" square: velvet; satin; taffeta
White felt, 7" square
White trims of choice, scraps: lace; braid; cording; pearl string
White tulle, 6" square
White double-sided satin ribbon: 1/8" x 1/2 yd.; 1/2" x 1 yd.
Small serrated knife
Candle stub or paraffin
Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
Thick, white craft glue
Utility knife with new blade (optional)
1. Use sharp pencil to trace desired dress pattern(s) onto foam sheet.
2. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Use serrated knife, or utility knife, to carefully cut out dress. For dress C, support foam sheet while cutting out space between arms and bodice to avoid breakage. Note: To cut cleanly around curves, first make several cuts from edge of foam in toward curved line at 90º angle, spacing cuts 3/8" apart. Cut along curved line, removing excess foam sections.
3. Use fabric marker to trace dress pattern onto wrong side of fabric. Cut out fabric 1/2" beyond traced lines.
4. Glue fabric to front of dress. Clip excess fabric at curves and underarms; fold and glue excess fabric to sides of dress. Pin fabric to secure; let dry. For dress C, use small, sharp scissors to cut fabric covering space between arms and bodice; clip and glue excess into holes.
5. Cut one 10" length from ribbon for hanging loop. Knot ribbon ends and glue to center back of dress.
6. Trace dress pattern onto white felt; cut out. Glue felt to back of dress, covering ribbon ends.
7. Glue 1/2"-wide ribbon around side edges of ornament, covering fabric tabs.
8. Using photo as guide and trims of choice, decorate gown. For veil, gather one end of tulle square and glue to top back edge of dress.
® Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company
"For more free project ideas, please visit www.styrofoamcrafts.com."
"Projects reprinted courtesy of The Dow Chemical Company, Manufacturer of Genuine STYROFOAM® Brand Foam."
Copyright Notice: Please DO NOT edit, sell, or claim as your own this article or any part thereof. If you wish to copy the article to put on your web site, the STYROFOAM® brand foam homepage and click on contact us, to obtain permission. If you use this background arrangement, a link back to me would be greatly appreciated.
Copyright © 2004-2011 Free Craft Creations All Rights Reserved
Free Craft Creations